Job posting: Constituency Intern Position
Come work with Elizabeth in Sidney!
CONSTITUENCY INTERN POSITION
Office of Elizabeth May, Member of Parliament for Saanich-Gulf Islands
The Office of Elizabeth May MP seeks a full time intern for the constituency office in Sidney, British Columbia.
The mandate for this position is to assist Elizabeth May with her work as Member of Parliament for Saanich-Gulf Islands. Working closely with Elizabeth May’s team, the intern will gain a wide range of experience focused on assisting constituents.
The position involves assisting the Member and the Constituency Advocates in a number of capacities. Working in the constituency office, the intern will learn about policy, federal programs/services and the inner workings of a Member of Parliament’s constituency office.
Description of Duties
- Assists constituency team with constituency-related work.
- Writes and coordinates responses to local issues with a team of volunteers. Follows up on requests as needed. Works closely with Member and Parliament Hill outreach team.
- Performs research for Constituent Advocates and Member.
- Coordinates funding requests, files new requests, tracks government spending announcements and notifies organizations of possible funding sources.
- Assembles welcome packages for new citizens in the riding.
- Reception and administrative duties as requested, including database entry.
- Receives and distribute the mail with a team of office volunteers.
- Assists with monitoring local media.
- Assists Member’s Assistant with riding-related work. Support Member at public events.
- University degree in any of the following disciplines: Political Science, Policy Studies, Environmental Studies, Communications, Public Policy, Social Work.
- Ability to manage time and efficiently prioritize tasks in a fast paced work environment.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Excels at working with a team and individually. Demonstrated ability to take own initiative.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience working in an office environment is an asset.
- Knowledge of politics in Canada is an asset.
- Bilingualism (French, English) is an asset.
- Familiarity with Green Party policies is an asset.
- A Class 5 driver’s licence is an asset.
This is a paid, full-time position starting in May 2018.The duration of the internship will be four months.
Pleased submit a CV/Resume and a letter of intent by email to email@example.com
Deadline to receive applications: Friday 30 March 2018
Print this page