YOUTH JOB OPPORTUNITY – CONSTITUENCY INTERN POSITION
The Office of Elizabeth May MP seeks a full time intern for the constituency office in Sidney, British Columbia.
The mandate for this position is to assist Elizabeth May with her work as Member of Parliament for Saanich-Gulf Islands. Working closely with Elizabeth May’s MP team, the intern will gain a wide range of experience focused on assisting constituents.
The position involves assisting the Member and the Constituency Advocates in a number of capacities. Working in the constituency office, the intern will learn about policy, federal programs/services and the inner workings of a Member of Parliament’s office.
Description of Duties
- Assist constituency team with constituency-related work.
- Mail and email correspondence: write and coordinate responses for local issues and follow up on requests as needed. Working with volunteers. Work closely with Parliament Hill Intern to coordinate.
- Assist Member with correspondence: coordinate and prepare correspondence for Member.
- Perform research for Constituent Advocates and Member.
- Coordinates funding requests, filing new requests, tracks government spending announcements and notifies organizations of possible funding sources.
- Create citizenship certificates and congratulations certificates.
- Along with Hill office interns and/or staff, work on assembling petitions.
- Reception and administrative duties as requested, including answering phones and database entry.
- Receive and distribute the mail working with office volunteers.
- Assist with monitoring local media.
- Assist Member’s Assistant with riding related work as it relates to the Member. Post events on public calendar. Assist Member at public events by attending with the Member and providing support as needed.
- University degree in any of the following disciplines: Political Science, Policy Studies, Environmental Studies, Communications, Public Policy, Social Work.
- Ability to manage time and efficiently prioritize tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Proven dedication to the Green Party of Canada, or proven commitment to ideals represented by the Green Party of Canada.
- Excels working with a team and individually. Demonstrated ability to take own initiative. Strong ability to multi-task.
- Experience working in an office environment is an asset.
- Knowledge of politics in Canada is an asset.
- Bilingualism (French, English) is an asset.
- Familiarity with Green Party policies is an asset.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite.
- A Class 5 driver’s license is an asset.
This is a full time position starting in May 2019. The duration of the internship will be four months. This is a paid position.
Pleased submit a CV/Resume and a letter of intent by email to email@example.com
Deadline to receive applications: Friday 29 March 2019
Print this page