Elizabeth May looks forward celebrating May Day with her constituents on Mayne Island. This annual event is a wonderful opportunity for community members to have fun, support the Mayne Island Conservancy, and celebrate the summer!
10 am – 1:00pm
- First Farmers Market of year
- Master of Ceremonies declares May Day started
- Fanciest hat competition and prize draws
- Children’s pledge to Mother Earth
- Noisy procession taking May Pole to Miners Bay Park accompanied by Green Man, May Queens, Maiden, Crone, knights, fairies, musicians, drummers, and the rest!
- Children Walk the Labyrinth followed by royal procession, coronation of 2023 May Queen by previous year’s Queen. Speeches by Green Man and new May Queen.
At the May Pole:
- Swearing in of pole guardians
- Kids dance with Queens, Maiden and Crone around the pole
- Stone Crop Singers entertain
Gazebo and Games:
- Cakes arrive at the gazebo ~ with great ceremony
- Cake + lemonade for everyone (Queen and Green Man first)