Questions and Answers
- How Large are the Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions from the Oil Sands?
- Is Canada an Energy Superpower?
- Why are Tankers Moving Past the Gulf Islands When we Have a Tanker Ban?
- Are we Out of Options if we Turn Down Enbridge’s Twinned Pipeline to Kitimat and Supertanker Scheme?
- Jobs, Jobs, Jobs?
- What is Dutch Disease and has Canada got it?
- Supertankers: The Number One Reason the Enbridge Plan is a Non-Starter
- What Would be in Canada’s National Interest?
“The proclivity to liquidate these resources as fast as possible in the name of economic growth is a very short-sighted policy practiced by the Alberta and federal governments at the expense of the long-term energy security of Canadians.”
– Testimony of J. David Hughes, former federal government geologist, titled “The Northern Gateway Pipeline: An Affront to the Public Interest and Long Term Energy Security of Canadians,” November 22, 2011 to the NEB Review
Press Conference and Presentations
- “Axis of Oil” Poses Significant Problems and Questions for Canada
- Raincost Conservation’s Presentation on the Northern Gateway Pipeline and Supertankers
- Transport Canada Fails to Note Real Obstructions to Northern Gateway
- No Benefits to BC in Risky Pipeline and Tanker Scheme
- Local jobs lost while NEB favours foreign industry
- An Open Letter to Joe Oliver
- Prime Minister Harper threatens BC oil tanker moratorium
- Greens call for legal protection for BC coastline against Athabasca Tar Sands tankers
House of Commons
- Question – Oil and Gas Industry
- Question – Foreign Investment
- Statement – Foreign Investment
- Debate – Foreign Investment (Part A)
- Debate – Foreign Investment (Part B)
- Free trade with China – threat to Canadian sovereignty? by Derek Abma
- China Investment Deal in Canadian Oil Sands a Sell Out, Says Party Leader – by Matthew Little
- Top environment leader questions Canada’s green reputation – by Brian Mann
- Tone down demonization of environmentalists, May says – by Jeff Davis
- What’s Happening to Freedom in Canada? Media Control, Ethical Oil? by Richard Komorowski
- Questions Canadians should be asking about China – by Terry Glavin
- National Security’ Is Whatever Dear Leader Says – by Terry Glavin
- Terry Glavin: Let’s be honest about our new best buddies in Beijing – by Terry Glavin
- Does the U.S. know something about China we don’t? by Terry Glavin
- Canada doesn’t know how to protect its interests – by Terry Glavin
- Ottawa to Beijing — take our oil, please – by Terry Glavin
- Scrutinizing Canada’s pipeline to Beijing – by Terry Glavin
- Canada’s Iran sanctions stop at the Alberta oilpatch – by Terry Glavin
- Crude oil and equivalent – Annual supply and disposition, Canada
- What if a supertanker tanks? by Larry Pynn
- Economic Assessment of Northern Gateway
- 2008 Economic Survey of Canada
- A Comprehensive Guide to the Alberta Oil Sands (Mar 2012) – by Michelle Mech
- Form letter from the Prime Minister’s Office on the Northern Gateway Pipeline
“An Enbridge study calculated that a spill of 36,000 cubic metres of bitumen — on the order of the Exxon Valdez spill — in Wright Sound would contaminate 240 kilometres of shoreline in 15 days,”
– Larry Pynn, Vancouver Sun, January 8, 2012