30 constituents from Saanich-Gulf Islands will receive the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal on September 13th. Notices to all nominators and successful nominees will be sent out in early August. The ceremony will be open to nominators, medal recipients and their families.
- When: 5:30pm – 9:00pm, Thursday, September 13, 2012
- Where: Mary Winspear Centre, Sidney
The recipients are being selected by a committee consisting of:
- John Treleaven, Past President of the Saanich Peninsula Chamber of Commerce;
- Dr. Margaret Fulton, OC, Past President Mount St. Vincent University;
- Dr. Ambrose Marsh, Chief of Medicine, Saanich Peninsula Hospital; and
- Elizabeth May, O.C., M.P.