Browse the links below to see if we already have a petition covering your issue !
You can download a petition, have as many people as possible sign it, and mail it – postage free – to the Hill Office. With as few as 25 signatures, Elizabeth can present your petition to the government in the House of Commons.
Paper Petition Guidelines
- A petition should contain signatures of residents of Canada only.
- There is no minimum age requirement for anyone signing a petition.
- Each petitioner must sign, not print, their name directly on the petition.
- If a petitioner cannot sign because of illness or a disability, this must be noted on the petition and the note signed by a witness. Aside from this exception, you can only sign for yourself.
- A petition must contain original signatures written directly on the document and not pasted, taped, photocopied or otherwise transferred to it.
- No photocopies, scans, e-mails etc. as petitions are only admissible in hard copy.
- A petition must be free of any other matter attached or appended to, or written or printed on, the petition, e.g., additional documents, maps, pictures, logos, news articles, explanatory or supporting statements, or requests for support. A petition printed on the reverse of another document will not be accepted.
Please return all signed petitions, postage free, to: Elizabeth May, MP, House of Commons, Ottawa, ON K1A 0A6 Please contact us if you have any questions.
If there is an issue close to your heart that you do not yet see below, find out how to write your own paper petition.
- Health Impacts of Climate Change
- Update Canada’s Water Laws
- Climate Finance
- Free the Ogunkoyas
- Stand with Wet’suwet’en
- Electoral Reform
- Just Transition
- Reject Teck Frontier Mine
- Doctor Shortage
- Overdose Crisis
- Permanent National Public Transit Strategy
- Stop the Purchase of the Trans Mountain Pipeline
- Save the Bees/Pollinators, Ban Neonicotinoids
- Judicial Reform for Reconciliation
- National Strategy for Environmental Education
- Salmon Farms
- Violence Against Women
- Meet our Paris Climate Commitments
Please note that Elizabeth’s sponsorship of a petition simply provides an avenue for dialogue on an issue and should not be taken as an endorsement of its contents.